Terms of service
General Terms and Conditions with Customer Information
Last Update: 9. August 2021
Table of contents
- Validity of the GTC
- Contact and service details
- Ordering process and Conclusion of Contract
- Contract Text and Contract Language
- Prices and Shipping Costs
- Payment Methods and Terms
- Purchase on account
- Delivery, Availability of Goods
- Promotional vouchers
- Instructions on Withdrawal
- Voluntary right of return
- Warranty and Liability
- Final provisions
- Dispute Resolution
1. Validity of the GTC
- The following General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "GTC") shall apply exclusively to the business relationship between "RIVER" Marcel Beirer e.U., Marcel Beirer, Hauptstraße 111, 2821 Lanzenkirchen (hereinafter referred to as "Vendor") and the purchaser, who is hereinafter referred to as "Customer", of the Vendor's products, goods and services (hereinafter referred to as "Products" or "Goods").
- Deviating terms and conditions of the Customer shall not be accepted, even if the Vendor fulfils his/her contractual obligations without objection, unless the Vendor expressly agrees to the validity of the Customer's deviating terms and conditions.
- A "Consumer" within the meaning of these GTC is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that are predominantly neither attributable to his commercial nor to his independent professional activity.
- "Entrepreneur" within the meaning of the GTC is a natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of his commercial or self-employed professional activity.
2. Contact and service details
Please note the following information about the availability of our customer service:
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone number: e.g. 0049 30 1234567890.
- Contact form: https://www.marcelriver.com/pages/support.
3. Ordering process and Conclusion of Contract
- The presentation of the products in the shop, on websites and in digital printed brochures or catalogues or comparable product presentations of the Vendor does not constitute a legally binding offer, but an invitation to place an order and thus the offer of the Customer.
- The Customer can select from the products offered in the Vendor's assortment to the Customer and collect them in a so-called shopping basket. In the selection within the shopping basket, the product selection can be changed, e.g. deleted. Otherwise, the customer can initiate the completion of the order process.
- The Vendor may accept the Customer's offer within five days (hereinafter referred to as the "Acceptance Period"). The Acceptance Period begins with the completion of the order process by the Customer. The Acceptance Period begins with the completion of the order process by the Customer in the Shop (or, if designated, by means of other communication channels) and ends with the expiry of its last day. The Vendor may accept the Customer's offer by means of an explicit acceptance of the offer, also by e-mail. Acceptance may also be affected by dispatch of the goods and their receipt by the Customer within the Acceptance Period, as well as by a request for payment addressed by the Vendor to the Customer. In the event of several acceptance events, the earliest acceptance date shall be decisive. If the Vendor does not accept the Customer's offer within the Acceptance Period, no contract shall be concluded and the Customer shall no longer be bound by his/her offer.
- By clicking on the button that concludes the ordering process, the Customer makes a binding offer to the Vendor to purchase the products in the shopping basket.
- Customers are requested to carefully read and observe the instructions during the ordering process and, if necessary, to use the available support functions of their software and hardware (e.g. magnification or read-aloud functions). Required information will be appropriately identified as such by the Seller for the Customers (e.g. by optical highlighting and/or asterisk signs). Until the order is submitted, the Customers can change and view the product selection and their entries at any time, as well as return to the shopping basket or cancel the ordering process altogether. For this purpose, the Customers can use the available and common functions of their software and/or end device (e.g. the forward and back buttons of the browser or keyboard, mouse and gesture functions on mobile devices).
- Customers are responsible for ensuring that the details they provide are accurate and for notifying any changes to the Vendor if they are necessary for the Vendor's fulfilment of the contract. In particular, Customers are responsible for ensuring that the e-mail and delivery addresses they provide are accurate and that any obstructions to receipt for which Customers are responsible are taken into account accordingly (e.g. by checking the spam folder of the email software used).
4. Contract Text and Contract Language
- The Vendor saves the text of the contract and makes it available to the Customers in text form (e.g. by e-mail or printed with the delivery of the order). The Customer can print the text of the contract before submitting the order to the Vendor by using the print function of his browser or the save function for web pages in the last step of the ordering process.
- If Customers have created a customer account, they can view their placed orders in their profile area.
- The contractual language is English, contracts can be concluded in this language.
5. Prices and Shipping Costs
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are total prices including the applicable statutory value added tax (VAT).
- The delivery and shipping charges incurred in addition to the sales price will be notified or linked to the Customer in the respective product description and before the order is completed.
- In the case of a delivery to countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, additional taxes (e.g. import duties) or costs (e.g. bank charges) may be incurred. These expenses are not paid by the Vendor, but are to be paid by the Customer to the appropriate tax or customs authorities. The Vendor recommends that the Customer obtain information on possible further costs from the competent authorities and on the basis of the national regulations that apply to the Customer
- Information page with details of delivery and shipping costs: https://www.marcelriver.com/policies/shipping-policy.
6. Payment Methods and Terms
- Unless otherwise agreed, payments shall be made without discounts, reductions or other rebates.
- When using financial institutions and other payment service providers, the terms and conditions and data protection information of the payment service providers also apply with regard to payment. Customers are requested to observe these regulations and notes as well as information within the framework of the payment process. This is particularly because the provision of payment methods or the course of the payment procedure may also depend on the agreements between the Customer and financial institutions and payment service providers (e.g. agreed spending limits, location-restricted payment options, verification procedures, etc.).
- The Customer shall ensure that the Customer fulfills the conditions incumbent upon the Customer, which are necessary for successful payment by means of the selected payment method. This includes, in particular, sufficient coverage of bank and other payment accounts, registration, legitimation and authorization with payment services and confirmation of transactions.
- If a payment is not made or reversed due to insufficient funds in the Customer's account, the provision of incorrect bank details or an unjustified objection by the Customer, then the Customer shall bear the fees incurred as a result, provided that the Customer is responsible for the failed or reversed booking and, in the case of a SEPA credit transfer, was informed of the transfer in good time (so-called "pre-notification").
- The following payment methods are available to Customers:
- Credit card payment - When placing an order, Customers provide their credit card details. The Customer's credit card will be charged immediately after completion of the order and after the Customer's authorisation as the legitimate cardholder.
- Klarna Sofortüberweisung (Sofort) - The payment is carried out using online banking data by the provider Sofort GmbH immediately after the order according to the conditions of Klarna Sofortüberweisung (which are also communicated to the Customer during the ordering process). Further information: https://www.klarna.com/sofort/.
- PayPal Express - The customer pays the amount owed by means of the PayPal transaction.
- PayPal Plus (PayPal) - The Customer must have a PayPal account and pays the amount owed by means of the PayPal transaction process.
- Amazon Pay - The use of Apple Pay requires registration for this payment method. The payment transaction is carried out based on the conditions of Apple Pay, which are also communicated to the Customer during the ordering process. The Customer will be redirected to Amazon Pay before completing the order and can choose from the payment methods offered at Amazon Pay. After the order is placed, the payment transaction is ordered via Amazon Pay. Further information and conditions: https://pay.amazon.com/.
- Google Pay - The use of Google Pay requires registration for this payment method. The payment transaction is carried out based on the conditions of Google Pay, which are also communicated to the Customer during the ordering process. Further information: https://pay.google.com.
- Apple Pay - The use of Apple Pay requires registration for this payment method. The payment transaction is carried out based on the conditions of Apple Pay, which are also communicated to the Customer during the ordering process. Further information and conditions: https://www.apple.com/apple-pay/.
- Stripe - The use of Stripe may require registration for this payment method, depending on the selected payment methods. The payment transaction is carried out on the basis of Stripe's terms and conditions, which are also communicated to the Customer during the ordering process. Further information and conditions: https://stripe.com/de.
- Amazon Payments - The customer pays the amount owed by means of the Amazon Payments transaction.
- Bancontact - The customer pays the amount owed by means of the Bancontact transaction.
- iDEAL - The customer pays the amount owed by means of the iDEAL transaction.
- Shop Pay - The customer pays the amount owed by means of the Shop Pay transaction.
7. Purchase on account
If the Vendor performs in advance, the delivered products shall remain the property of the Vendor until payment has been made in full.
8. Delivery, Availability of Goods
- The ordered goods will be delivered to the specified delivery address, unless otherwise agreed.
- If a payment service provider is used with whom a delivery address is deposited and this delivery address is notified to the Vendor as being decisive for the ordered delivery through the use of the means of payment by the Customer, the goods shall be delivered to the deviating delivery address.
- Should the delivery of the goods fail through the fault of the Customer despite three attempts at delivery, the Vendor may withdraw from the contract. Any payments made will be refunded to the Customer without delay.
- If the ordered product is not available because the Vendor is not supplied with this product by its supplier through no fault of its own, the Vendor may withdraw from the contract. In this case, the Vendor will inform the Customer without delay and, if necessary, propose the delivery of a comparable product. If no comparable product is available or if the Customer does not wish a comparable product to be delivered, the Vendor shall immediately reimburse the Customer for any payments already made.
- "Promotion Vouchers" are vouchers which are issued free of charge by the Vendor within the scope of, for example, promotional campaigns (e.g. discount vouchers with percentage or fixed discounts). In contrast, vouchers that embody a certain monetary or material value and are purchased by the Customer as a product shall not be considered Promotion Vouchers.
- Promotion Vouchers can only be accepted on the terms and conditions communicated, subject to restrictions, e.g. validity for certain product groups, frequency of use and, in particular, only within the specified time limit.
- Unless otherwise stated, Promotional Vouchers cannot be combined with other Promotional Vouchers.
- Promotion vouchers issued by the Vendor may only be redeemed with the Vendor.
- Unless otherwise stated, Promotion Vouchers can only be redeemed prior to completion of the order process.
- If an amount remains to be paid after a Promotional Voucher has been redeemed, this can be settled using the payment options offered by the Vendor.
- If a Promotion Voucher exceeds a value of goods, it will only be taken into account up to the value of the goods without any payment of the remaining amount.
9. Instructions on Withdrawal
- The information on the right of withdrawal for Consumers can be found in the Vendor's instructions on withdrawal.
- The right of withdrawal does not apply to Consumers whose domicile, habitual residence or delivery address at the time of conclusion of the contract and delivery is outside a Member State of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) and who do not belong to any of these Member States.
- Customers can access the Vendor's instructions on withdrawal at the following Internet address: https://www.marcelriver.com/policies/refund-policy.
10. Voluntary right of return
11. Warranty and Liability
- Subject to the following provisions, the warranty (statutory liability for defects) shall be determined in accordance with statutory provisions.
- The Vendor shall not be liable for the Customer's Internet connection or the software and hardware used by the Customer or any disruptions caused by them to the conclusion or performance of the contract between the Customer and the Vendor.
- The Vendor shall be liable for damages without limitation insofar as the cause of the damage is based on intent or gross negligence. Furthermore, the Vendor shall be liable for the slightly negligent breach of essential obligations, the breach of which endangers the achievement of the purpose of the contract, for the breach of obligations, the fulfilment of which makes the proper performance of the contract possible in the first place and on the compliance with which the customer regularly relies (cardinal obligations) or in the case of agreed guarantee commitments. In this case, however, the Vendor shall only be liable for the foreseeable, contract-typical and expectable damage. The Vendor shall not be liable for the slightly negligent breach of obligations other than those mentioned above. The above limitations of liability shall not apply in the event of injury to life, limb or health, for a defect following the assumption of a guarantee for the quality of the product and in the event of fraudulently concealed defects. Liability under the product liability law remains unaffected. Insofar as the Vendor's liability is excluded or limited, this shall also apply to the personal liability of employees, representatives and vicarious agents. In all other respects, claims for damages by the Customer shall be excluded. The above liability provisions shall also apply to claims for damages by the Customer under the Vendor's statutory warranty.
12. Final provisions
- The legal relationship between the Customer, insofar as the Customer is an entrepreneur, and the Vendor shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Republic of Austria, to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- The place of jurisdiction shall be at the (registered) office of the Vendor if the Customer is an entrepreneur. The Vendor reserves the right to choose another admissible place of jurisdiction.
13. Dispute Resolution
- The European Commission provides a platform for Online Dispute Resolution (ODR), which can be accessed at https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. Consumers have the possibility to use this platform to settle their disputes.
- We are not willing and not obliged to participate in any dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer arbitration board.